In the unlikely event that you need to return product, the procedure is outlined below:
1. Email or call your sales representative regarding your problem. Our Customer Advocate Team will work with you to solve the problem and/or replace your product as quickly as possible. We will typically issue you an RMA (Return Material Authorization) number. All software products are non-refundable.
2. Upon receiving an RMA number:
Returned memory products should be shipped to the following address:
Attn.: RMA Dept.
9101 Harlan St, Unit 260
?Westminster, CO 80031
All software products are non-refundable.
We highly recommend using a trackable and insured shipping method. If you use a non-insured method and do not have proof of delivery, we cannot honor the RMA if we do not receive it.
3. Please clearly mark the RMA number on your return package. Products returned without an RMA authorization and/or without an authorization number on the outside of the package may be refused delivery and/or sent back to the customer.
Pack products securely with the original packaging materials, bubble wrap, and/or packing peanuts. For memory products, please repackage the modules in the original static bags. Please include a copy of the original packing slip.
After we've received the product back, replacements will be sent or your account or credit card will be credited promptly.
If you did not order directly from Silicon Mountain, we ask that you please contact the business that you purchased from, as warranties are non-transferable.
As of 2/22/07, Silicon Mountain Memory will not provide pre-paid return labels for customer-error return requests. Customer-error return requests include, but are not limited to the following reasons:
- Customer ordered the wrong part.
- Customer chose the wrong part when ordering online.
- Customer canceled or altered their order after it was shipped.
- Customer ordered the wrong quantity and needs to return unwanted modules.
- Customer changed their mind and no longer wants the part(s).
In these situations, original shipping charges will not be refunded. A restocking fee may also apply. The customer will be informed if a restocking fee will be charged when s/he is issued a RMA number. Please refer to our Warranty page for more information on restocking fees.
Unwanted modules must be returned within seven days of receiving an RMA number. Modules received after this period may be subject to an additional fee.
Q: Am I required to have an RMA number if I want to return a product to Silicon Mountain?
A: Yes, all returns must have an RMA number issued by Silicon Mountain. We will not accept any returns without an RMA number. Do not attempt to return a product without contacting us and receiving an RMA number. We are not responsible for the loss or damage of products returned without an RMA number.
Q: How do I get an RMA number?
A: You may obtain an RMA number by emailing or calling us regarding your problem. Our Customer Advocate Team will work with you to solve the problem and/or replace your product as quickly as possible. We will typically issue you an RMA number.
Q: I'm certain that my RMA has been returned to Silicon Mountain but I have not received a refund yet. Why is this?
A: It takes us one to two days to process RMAs after they have been returned. If you have ordered with a credit card it may take up to a week for your credit card company to apply refunds back to your account.
Q: When I send in my RMA, what do I need to include in the box and how should I package it?
A: When shipping your RMA back to us, it will speed up the processing time if you include with the product a copy of your original invoice with the RMA number noted on it. Pack products securely with the original packaging materials, bubble wrap, and/or packing peanuts. For memory products, please repackage the modules in the original static bags. We highly recommend using a trackable and insured shipping method. If you use a non-insured method and do not have proof of delivery, we cannot honor the RMA if we do not receive it.
Noticeably improve your system's performance or your money back
100% compatible memory for your system
7 levels of rigorous testing and a lifetime warranty